40% of pregnancies in alberta are unplanned. Planning for a healthy pregnancy starts long before planning to get pregnant.
We needed to communicate risk factors and key messages associated with pre-conception health, and inspire positive and healthy habits that contribute to an overall healthy lifestyle in Albertans (women and men) prior to getting pregnant.
Our target audience was diverse, ranging from existing parents with kids to Albertans not yet contemplating kids. This second audience was very un-engaged with this health topic and were not willing to click-off from any activity they were in the middle of when receiving the advertising to come to the website, so we needed to bring the information to them.
We looked for opportunities to help our audience imagine what it might be like to find out they fell accidentally pregnant. We used pre-rolls to dramatize how long the wait might feel for a pregnancy test result. We took advantage of retargeting online and mobile ads to create a stalker baby who followed our audience around. We also used reminders in restaurants and bars closer to those moments when people may partake in drinking and/or conceiving. We used social opportunities to share surprising stats and drive traffic to our website.
We designed and developed an entire microsite with tools and tips for a healthy pregnancy.
Posters went into male and female bathrooms.
Using fun illustrations from our campaign we developed social ads to drive traffic to the website.
What if a baby were stalking you. Using the evil power of retargeting for good, we sent our stalker baby out into the digital world to remind people that there’s always a chance of a baby popping into your life.
- 95,000+ sessions, 150,000 pageviews, average time on site 0:48
- 90% of traffic came as a result of the media campaign
- 64% of overall traffic came from mobile
- A total of 17,002 clicks from Facebook and Instagram ads, with Instagram users spending close to 3 minutes on-site.
- To-date our online ads have delivered 41,246 clicks through to the site.
- Other social engagement metrics include: 2,470 likes, 484 comments, 101 shares, 690 AHS page likes. Given the subject matter, this level of social engagement exceeded our expectations.